Compare rates on car insurance.
The perfect blend of savings and coverage.
My Insurance Broker is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with all Canadian Information Security Laws including the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). The following is meant to inform you about how we handle your personal information, our responsibilities, and your rights with respect to the collection, dissemination, and use of your personal information.
Information disclosed by you
We collect personal information from you when you inquire about our insurance policies, request a quote, apply for insurance, make a payment, or open a claim under your insurance policy. This information includes personal information such as your name, contact information, marital status, driver’s licence, vehicle or property descriptions, loan or mortgage details, and payment or banking information.
Information collected from third parties
We also collect information from a number of third parties as permitted by law. These include insurance agents and brokers, insurance companies, government bodies, consumer reporting agencies, insurance adjusters, home contractors, auto shops, and other third parties who can provide information about or services related to you or your insured vehicle or property. When we do so, we do it with your consent, or otherwise confirm the third party lawfully collected the information and can share it with us. This information includes personal information such as (but not limited to):
- Driving record and claims history
- Credit information
- Accident reports
- Witness statements
- Medical records
- Calls, online chats, and other communications
We may record calls, online chats and other communications to ensure quality customer service, confirm our discussions and your instructions, resolve complaints, and train our staff. If you do not want your communications to be recorded, you can choose to conduct business with us by visiting one of our offices, or by writing, or emailing us.
Cookies, browser storage, and other technologies
Why we collect, use, and disclose information
We collect, use, and disclose personal information for a number of reasons including (but not limited) to:
- serve you better and communicate effectively with you;
- verify your identity and property;
- assess and underwrite insurance risks;
- determine prices, fees and premiums;
- investigate and adjust insurance claims;
- settle or arrange for the settlement of insurance claims, including structured settlements;
- promote and market products and services offered by us, our affiliates, or our strategic partners and alliances, which may include insurance companies, insurance brokers, agents, adjusters and other intermediaries;
- conduct market research;
- recognize and deliver relevant ads to you on our and third party websites and apps;
- report to regulatory or industry entities consistent with prudent and legally required insurance industry practices, including claims history;
- detect, prevent and suppress fraud, unauthorized, or illegal activities;
- comply with all applicable laws, including tax requirements;
- share your information with third party service providers for external processing such as data or payment processing;
- share your information among our affiliates for any of the above purposes.
When we disclose information
When we disclose your personal information to third parties, we require them to protect and handle your personal information in a manner consistent with our privacy practices and all applicable laws. These third parties may at times process and store your information outside of Canada. If your personal information is processed or stored in a foreign country, it will be subject to that country’s laws and may be disclosed in accordance with those laws.
How to correct and access your information
You have the right to request correction of your personal information. You also have a right to access your personal information under our control, subject to any legal restrictions or rights of refusal. However, if you exercise this access right, we may charge you a reasonable fee for copying and sending the information from your file. If you want to access your file or have it corrected, please contact our Rick Jaitley our privacy officer.
How to withdraw your consent
You may withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information, subject to certain limitations. However, if you do so, we may not be able to continue to provide you with our insurance products and services, or our best rate on your insurance policy. You may also withdraw your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing practices. If you want to withdraw your consent, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Questions or concerns? We want to hear about it.
- Rick Jaitley, Privacy Officer & President
- My Insurance Broker Corp., MIB Financial Corp.
- 50 West Wilmot Street, Unit 6
- Richmond Hill ON L4B 1M5
- 1 (905) 695-2080, ext. 200
- 1 (877) 482-5001
If you have a concern we are not able to resolve, you have the right to contact your privacy regulator.
Effective Date: April 21, 2016.
Questions? I'm here to help.
Get your insurance quote over the phone—in minutes!
I'll call you as soon as I can, or schedule a phone appointment with me at a time that works for you.