Compare rates on car insurance.
The perfect blend of savings and coverage.
Winter Driving Tips
Save With The Winter Tire Discount
Compare Auto Insurance Quotes.
Compare Auto Insurance Rates From Canada's Top Insurance Companies.
Average savings $500. Coverage available from $1,000,000 to 2,000,000.
Winter weather has finally arrived and it’s time to prepare for the snow. In Ontario, snow tires are not mandatory. However, other provincial governments have already taken steps to ensure that all drivers have snow tires on their vehicles.
- It’s important that you invest in quality winter tires. They are designed to give your vehicle better traction in both cold and slippery conditions. Some insurance carriers even offer rebates when purchasing winter tires if you are insured with them, ask your insurance broker for more details.
- Pack an emergency kit in your car. Nobody plans on ending up stuck in a snow bank on the side of the highway. Don’t be unprepared, make sure you have a roadside safety kit that includes emergency items like a blanket, flashlight, shovel, flares, snacks, or booster cables.
- Be mindful about the weather conditions. It doesn’t take much for a snowstorm to cover the roads in ice, sleet, and snow. Drive according to weather conditions!
- Ensure that when you take your vehicle in to have winter tires put on that it’s serviced. Check the vehicle brakes and ensure your vehicle is properly aligned. The last thing you want is for your vehicle to put you into a dangerous situation on the road that could have been easily prevented.
Winter isn’t that dangerous for most drivers in Ontario that take the precautions to ensure their safety.
- Distracted Driving Could Cost You
Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of road fatalities, next to speeding, impaired driving and driving without a seatbelt.
March 19, 2017
- My Driving Discount (by Intact)
August 6, 2016
- Ontario Car Insurance
Get Car Insurance Quotes in minutes. Save time & money by comparing Auto Insurance Quotes from Ontario's top insurance companies. Get Proof of Insurance same day.
November 9, 2017
- CAA Connect
CAA Insurance’s CAA Connect Discount (Telematics) rewards you with a discount by assessing your acceleration, braking, and the time of day that you drive...
August 9, 2016